Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Terrific Tuesday, recipe edition

I have come to the realization that any recipe you want can be found on the Internet. I knew that there was a recipe for grandmas apple cake somewhere.  I found it on the Internet.

I like easy quick recipes.  I am usually trying to balance a full plate, and fast and easy helps.

I especially like slow cooker recipes.  There is just something about coming home from work and having dinner waiting for you.  I must not be the only one, because Betty Crocker is full of slow cooker recipes even in the summer.

Pork shoulder roast was on sale last week.

Pork and sauerkraut

pork shoulder roast 3-4 pounds
Salt, pepper
Onion
1 apple, chopped
1 bottle beer
1 Tbls brown sugar
1 Tbls   vinegar

1 jar sauerkraut

1) salt and pepper roast.  Brown on all sides in heavy pan with olive oil .
2) place roast on cooker with remaining ingredients.

Cook on low 9.5 hours.

Remove roast from cooker.  Divide into meal sized portions, leaving one meal portion in cooker.  Add sauerkraut, drained.  Rinse if you prefer a more mellow sauerkraut.

Continue cooking on high for 30 minutes.

Cool saved roast.  Bag in freezer bags and label for pulled pork sandwiches.

Note: you can substitute apple juice for the beer.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment