Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Terrific tuesday

Last night we had meatloaf , baked acorn squash with brown sugar, and green salad. The old days we would have had baked potatoes too, but I am trying to watch my carbs.  If I had a lot of boys to feed, I might add the baked  potatoes.

My husband ground the beef from chuck that I got at SAFEWAYS for two dollars a pound.  I batch cooked a roast and taco meat, hamburger crumbles and a meat loaf Saturday.  We had roast beef a jus sandwiches in Saturday.  Sunday we went to my SIL's  for dinner.  Tonight we have our dinner group,so we will have roast on Wednesday and I will freeze the rest of the roast cut thin for sandwiches over the next few weeks.  I put them in a food saver bag and can have dinner ready on about 15 minutes on a work day.  I got the roast for two dollars a pound as well.

I usually analyze the ads on Wednesday morning, but Monday was a holiday so it will probably be late.  If I was in a hurry, I would look them up on the Internet.  Our major grocery stores are going to go on strike, so there is no hurry.  We don't have to go to the store for a while.  We did a dairy run on Sunday and I went to grocery outlet for cheese  because we had to go for supplies for the business and I always group trips for gas savings.

Once you get the hang of it, buying your groceries for 1/2 price is easy and very cost productive.
It is a matter of knowing your prices and taking advantage of sales when they come your way.

I will do ads as soon as I get them and we will all hope the grocery workers and management can avert a strike.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment