Friday, October 11, 2013

Yesterday's shopping trip

I went to the store with my daughter yesterday before I went to work.  I will go to another store today to finish up.  I wanted to take advantage of the mega sale.  The bottom line  was 52 percent savings.
I used two coupons.  For a buck a piece.  Not exactly extreme couponing, but I am still happy with the savings.  I got the veggies that were on sale , pizzas and ice cream, and ten canned goods to get 15.  I got the kids pudding for a dollar and a penny.  That's for 12 servings.  A little more than 8'cents a cup.
Diced tomatoes were at my RBP.  And I got 2 cans of corn to fill in.  I found a recipe for bacon corn chowder and it sounded good.  Sometimes, a little fat can go a long ways to make something tasty.

This is not a weeks groceries, and you could not make a meal from it, but it was not meant to be.  By stocking instead to just buying what you need for the week, you can make a remarkable difference on your grocery bill and still eat well.

I will have a Safeway run to do for meat, cheese, and some  fruits and veggies.
I have planned the trip.  Again, there are not any coupons that work here.  If I needed yogurt, there are coupons for that and it is .50 for Yoplait.  The 5 dollar Friday brats , according to coupon connections, are johnsonville.  There is a buck coupon printable. Also, salsa is a buck with a coupon From the newspaper, only until Sunday.

Real food coupons  are few and far between.  You have to take advantage when you find  them and KNOW your PRICES!   That's the real key.  I get calls all the time, how much should this cost!  Or where is the cheapest.....  Knowing your prices and buying at the RBP is the key to half price groceries.  If you can do that and avoid the junk food and ready made food, you will have it made.

By stocking, and only buying what's at the  RBP, you can take advantage of the stores rotation of sales and wind up with a stock that will make well balanced meals continuously.

When you shop, you are going to buy
1) fruits and veggies that are in season and a low price.
2) a meat (protein item ) that is RBP to batch cook.
3) anything on your stock list that is RBP within your guidelines.

Honest, it works and cuts your bills in half.

Thanks for stopping by
Please share
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment