Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday

It's Thursday, time to plan shopping trips.  I still have to download coupons and Betty Crocker has a bunch of new recipes that sound good.  A baked pumpkin doughnut .  Sounds like it could be healthy ( not fried  and pumpkin is good for you.  )

I have a menu matrix that I use to keep us eating a variety of foods and simplify meal plans.  It kind of makes it a fill in  the blanks exercise. This is what works for our family, you might haven't make up your own.

2 beef
2 chicken or pork
2 vegetarian
1 fish or shellfish

My mind set: I plan to buy and make hamburger this weekend.  I made a chicken on Monday.  Tuna is on sale at QFC.  I have a acorn squash , and carrots were on sale last week.  Salad is a buck at SAFEWAYS.  Cheese is on five dollar Friday at safeways.  This is a case    where most of the dinners are from sale items at two stores over two weeks ads.  I is easing into buying meat on a rotating basis.

1) meatloaf, acorn squash, salad
2) tacos
3) chicken pot pie.
4) pork chops
5) Mac and cheese, peas and carrots
6) vegetable egg omelets , fruit salad, toast.
7) Tuna Casserole, salad

Thanks for stopping by.

Please share

Jane













2 comments:

  1. Do you add any fat when making your own ground beef? I have a meat grinder for my Kitchenaid mixer, and have not made sausage for years and realize I could grind my own beef too. I assume you are using the round steak. Not the same stores as you.. and envious of your 10 dollar off purchase ones. Love your blog, and I do follow. I am the single divorced gal..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnx for commenting. I don't usually add fat. I try to pick a cut that has a little far. I just got the coupons on the mail, I had heard that they were giving them out in other cities, but not here. I can still make <50 percent savings happen.

      Delete