Saturday, October 12, 2013

Suddenly Saturday, updated

It's Saturday.  I was supposed to go to a funeral  this morning, but I look like I could try out for a horror film.  I think I shall save people the horror and stay home!  LOL

My husband volunteered to grind meat and put some summer yard stuff away.

The egg board has a few coupons in a limited supply.  I reposted it on Facebook.  I guess from talking to a lady at work that has chickens, this is the season for mounting and the hens don't lay a lot of eggs.  That's probably why they are more expensive lately.  Even at a higher price, they are a cheap source of protein.  Betty Crocker impossible pie only takes a few for a whole pie.  Added cheese and a small amount of meat covers you protein wise with little money.

When I went for the cheese at SAFEWAYS on five dollar Friday, the grated cheese was a smaller package than the  brick.  And they had sharp for the same price,  score!!!!

I like to mix several cheeses to make Mac and cheese.  So,eti,es I ise ot for a way to clean put the bits in the cheese drawer.  I get a seasoned grated cheese at grocery outlet.  Our family all like spicy, so that part of pleasing everyone is easy.

I want to pay between two and two fifty a pound for cheese.

Setting prices on things and not paying full price is another way to reduce your food costs.

I bought six pounds of meat for 2.00 a pound using specials and the 10.00( twenty percent if you plan your trip and spend a total of 50.00.  ) coupon.,

My husband ground it.  I cooked 5 batches of taco meat, 1 batch of crumbles, and a two pound meatloaf plus beef stock.  That would make 5 meals for a typical family for 12.00.  Or 2.40 per meal.
That makes a beef meal fall well within the five  dollar range.  We cooked all that plus putting a roast on the oven on about an hour and a half. We have 12 meals handled for is.  For a family of four meat eaters, we would have 8 meals.  The roast was 7.12.  You can have a roast beef dinner, roast beef a jus sandwiches and still have enough to put in a Cassarole.



Thank you for stopping by

Please share

Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment