Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

It's Wednesday.  I have had the grandbaby home for two days.  Time to get some more work done.  I finally got my paper from the UK and need to get Christmas behind me so I can take care of cleaning and decorating for Halloween.

I bought Halloween candy with rite aid dollars on sale.  We don't have a lot of trick or treaters.  Our downtown merchants stay open and give out candy.  Downtown is just one big party .  The police block off the roads so it so safe for the children and show some police presence.  Safe and sane Halloween!

On another note, I studied SAFEWAYS add again.  I hate to waste the ten dollar coupon, but it doesn't so any good if you pay full plus price on the things you buy.

Chuck steak or bottom round roast is 2.49.  Less twenty percent ( the 10.00 coupon) is two dollars a pound.  The 7 percent hamburger is 3.49, less the twenty percent is 2.80.  I think we will grind our own.  Hamburger hasn't been two dollars for a long time.  LOL

Grapes are 3/5 on Friday as well as
Salad 5/5
Brats
Cheese 2#

I am having a real hard time matching coupons to these like I did the last time.  Still, the meat and cheese savings are remarkable.

The other place I would go of I needed to would be QFC.  It's stock up time I'd you have diced tomatoes or canned veggies on your stock list.  The pudding is a remarkable price with coupons.  It is one of the items on the back pack kids list.

Note : this is a really good reason why you shop two stores and buy specials.

7 percent hamburger is 4.99 at QFC.  Grinding your own is 2.00.  That's three dollars a pound.
If it takes you twenty minutes to grind, and you buy ten pounds, you have saved 30.00.  Twenty minutes is 1/3 of an hour.  That means you would be making 90.00  dollars an hour.  No one has EVER paid me 90.00 an hour.    I know, this is an abstract that some people can't see.  None the less, you will be saving thirty dollars over just going to the store and buying your food.  Whether   you are buying two pounds five times, or you buy ten pounds once, you will still eat dinner.  The difference is that you will have thirty dollars to buy at least ten more meals of meat!

Buying in bulk at RBP and bulk cooking saves because
1) you portion control a meals worth of meat.  No waste.
2) you cook once, so you use less energy-- both yours and the utility bills
3) you clean up once.
4) with hamburger you can take the time to defat the crumbles and taco meat.
5) dinner time is quicker because you have a head start.  The meat takes the longest time to cook.  You are getting convenience without it starting with the "letter" $$$.

Tomorrow, meal plans from the ads.

Thanks for stopping by

Please share

Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment